There are no rules in makeup. I stand by this. Having said that, there are a few pitfalls, common mistakes and makeup no-no's, that when avoided, can make your beauty routine less complicated and your finished results more polished!
Here are my favorite makeup 101 blunders to avoid!! :)
1.Neglecting your BROWS!You know how I feel about this.
2. Over-tweezing...walk away from the tweezers already. Maintenance is good, but don't overdo it! Need more help in brows? Check out my Quick Tips for Brows!
3. Not using a moisturizer or skincare before your makeup. Don't forget your skin! No matter the look - natural, dramatic or somewhere between, your final results are always better with healthy skin and a flawless base to start with.
4. Using the wrong foundation. EEK! I prefer liquids. There are so many good ones out there that have just the right amount of coverage without looking heavy and almost everyone benefits from using one! BUT...spend the time and money to find the right one for your skin type and color. Go visit an expert and get a match. Investing in the right foundation will make ALL the difference in your makeup routine! Please give up that search for the right foundation through a plastic package in the drug store. You'll spend more time and money searching for the right one in a drug store than you will if you go to an expert and a better brand for this part of your makeup routine. Consider your foundation to be a part of your skincare...so don't cheat on this!
5. Not using a shadow base. I won't even bother with eyeshadow without a base first. It may sound like an extra step, but it will save you time and effort in applying your shadows in the long run!
6. Leaving your lips bare. Think of it like this...Would you take the time to put together a nice outfit and then throw on flip-flops or go barefoot?? Your lips are like your shoes - the final touch in a polished look. Even if you prefer a natural look to your lips, leaving them dry and bare is a mistake. A lip balm or clear gloss will do just fine, but finishing your lips with SOMETHING is a necessary step for a polished look...EVEN if your look is natural.
7. Too much Bronzer or Blush! Bronzer is a must have if used correctly, but don't go crazy with it or you will look just plain dirty. Blush color should make you look fresh and healthy. For extra cheek tips, check out my post on Quick Tips for Cheeks!
Hopefully avoiding these common mistakes will make your makeup routine run a little smoother!!