Brides OFTEN ask me..."What should I bring with me on my wedding day for touch ups??" Whether you've hired a makeup artist or are doing your own makeup, you'll want to have a couple of things in your clutch or handbag that you carry with you for the rest of the day. Not carrying a handbag? Have a super duper "EMERGENCY KIT" for the whole wedding party! Put one of your girls in charge of keeping it handy throughout the day! :)
This is for sure...no matter the quality of the long-wearing products either you or your makeup artist is using, there will be moments after tears or stress or eating and dancing when you want to take a minute or two to freshen up your beautiful face!! Remember...even though you've gotten through your most formal and "important" pictures of the day, cameras will be flashing throughout the night! You'll want to look and feel your best right up until the moment when you and your groom make your exit!!
Here are my suggestions for must-haves in your handbag for easy touch-ups and makeup emergencies...after your makeup artist has left the building...:)
1. Concealer - one that matches your skin tone - use this to touch up under your eyes when they begin to look tired as the day goes on...:) Have it there to cover up any UN-invited guests on your skin like blemishes or redness that might pop up out of nowhere or fix your eyes if you get emotional!!! If you have only ONE MAKEUP ITEM in your bag, this should be it!
2. LIP COLOR - Whether it's the same lip product your makeup artist used at the beginning of the day or just your favorite lip gloss, have something to pop on quickly when you you run to the ladies room!! Even a gloss will help keep you looking fresh ALL night!
3. Powder - especially if you're really oily or it's summer!!! *Important*- make sure it's photo-friendly!! Not all powders are created equally!!
4. Blotting Sheets -For those with extra oily skin or for summer months! Your face can only take so many layers of powder! :)
5. Mascara - just in case you think you'll shed a lot of tears! Good to have a little one on hand just in case! :) Use a sample mascara or one that isn't super clumpy in case you have to use it more than once!
6. For your hair...bobby pins, travel sized hairspray, a comb or pick
7. Other "stuff" - safety pins, tissues
I could go on and on with suggestions for your all day/night emergency kit, but these are the must-haves for everyone!! The ingredients for your "emergency kit" will depend on the hairstyle and makeup look you have!! If you have a super dramatic eye or bold lip, you may need other products in your handbag...but this list should get you started! :) Talk with your makeup artist or hairstylist about what products you'll need on hand in case of a makeup or hair emergency late in the day!!
:) Happy planning and no matter what - ENJOY YOUR DAY!