Well here we are...a makeup MUST HAVE....MASCARA. What makeup routine do you know that considers itself complete without at least a sweep or two of mascara across the lashes. Wether you like your lashes soft and defined or BOLD and THICK...one thing is for sure - mascara is a beauty must for darn near EVERY finished face.
Here are my very basic mascara quick tips and suggestions in honor of my Quick Tips Week!
1. BLACK mascara. It's that simple. If you choose only one mascara color - choose black. Black mascara is best for almost everyone's basic everyday makeup. Gone are the days of "black/brown" or "almost black". If you're bothering to put on mascara at all, then do it already - BLACK!
2. Try a colored mascara for fun! What?? I know...I just said black only. Well that's your everyday, go-to, I only need one...mascara. If you feel like trying a touch of color - try it in a mascara! This is a super sneaky way to spruce up your makeup! Colored mascaras are not for everyday, but if used right, they will light up your eyes and give your look a creative twist without going over the top!
3. Waterproof is NOT for everyday! Unless someone can show me a waterproof mascara that isn't damaging to the lashes if overused, then I stand by my statement...waterproof mascaras are there for when we need them. Use them for weddings, special events, when you know you will need them. But when you DON'T need one, leave it in the drawer. Waterproof mascaras are tough on your lashes and can damage your lashes over time if overused.
4. WIGGLE and PULL!! To get the most out of your mascara, put the wand against the base of your lashes...then wiggle and pull upwards. Repeat...wiggle and pull, wiggle and pull. You'll get better coverage and more curling in your lashes. :)
5.Throw out your mascara AT LEAST every 12 weeks. Mascaras are super prone to bacteria growth. Not only will your mascara not be as affective after 8-12 weeks, but you have more of a chance of ending up with an eye infection the longer you use it! YIKES! And PLEASE...do not put water in your mascara in hopes of getting a few more weeks out of it! This is just an invitation for an eye infection!!!!
5. Try a conditioning treatment for your lashes. A lash primer, a lash conditioner...something that will help keep your lashes healthy and less brittle. It's much easier to keep your lashes healthy than it is to grow them back after they've broken off!!!
Now let me know what your favorite mascara is!!! Have you tried a new one lately!??!